Sunday, January 4, 2015

Enjoy the Little Things

Hello and Happy New Year!


This is Rosie from As Seen In My Scrapbook with my take on the first sketch of the New Year.

{supplies: patterned, corrugated paper, die cuts, buttons, tickets, stickers & envelope-Fancy Pants Collecting Memories Scrap Shotz monthly kit; bling-Basic Grey; die cut paper (green)-Making Memories}

I stuck fairly closely to the sketch, it's such a good one so why mess around with it too much ;)).

I took the leftovers from a montly kit and started layering a patterned paper "base" on the white card stock. The papers were all leftover cuts from 12x12 sheets. I had one envelope left from the same kit so I put it to good use tucking it under the matted photo on the right side.
I created a border of tickets along the bottom of the photo and layered some die cuts along the left side and on the left upper corner of the photo.

Once I had all the bits and pieces laid out the way I wanted I took a photo with my iPhone so I'd be sure to glue everything down the same. I finished it off with some bling I've had hanging around forever! 

I hope you'll kick off the New Year taking on this sketch challenge, link us up via the Current Sketch Challenge on the sidebar!


  

4 comments:

  1. Aaaw love this layout.. so many fun details..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosie, love your layout, Happy New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout and how perfectly the colors match your photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..